Saturday, February 23, 2013

#005: Luca Torchiani

You know him under many different aliases: Van TK, Luke, Paul Harris, Eurofunk, Mark Astley, Boris, and the 2nd Daniel. Luca has worked over the years in the Eurobeat industry. Back in 2007, he was one of the first artists I was able to get ahold of to communicate with. Today, he gives answers to some burning questions in on 5th EuroViewer Q&A!

1. Occupation?
Music Publisher / singer / songwriter

2. Where are you from?

Italy, Brescia


3. How did you get into singing eurobeat?
Thanks to an audition

4. You have worked with quite a few studios. Which have you worked with? What were your experiences with each studio?

I have worked for about 50 different studios as freelance singer, in Italy and UK. I'm an eurobeat and dance house singer.

5. You did hyper techno with Newfield at Akyr. How was that different than doing Eurobeat?

It was great because I love to try new experiences in order to growing my music experience

6. What other kinds of music do you sing?

Italian pop music , jazz and soul

7. Who are your musical influences?

In general, singer and bands of 70s and 80s

8. You have done some writing and arrangement with Delta. What is the process of writing Eurobeat?

It's depend, sometimes Clara proposes me to sing a new song with her lirycs but in general I prefer to write lirycs and melodies...and also sing my original songs.

9. What is your proudest moment in singing/writing music?

Cherry..and me

10. Have you received personal messages from fans? If so, what have they said?
Yes I love to receive request from fans. I dicovered that I have fans in South America and Japan.

11. Where do you see Eurobeat going in the next few years?

To be honest I don't know, propably eurobeat will become a "cult music"

12. What are your feelings on the illegal downloading of eurobeat music? Is there a place for piracy in eurobeat? Is it helpful or harmful?

I hate illegal downloading and I also hope that the situation of streaming web site will improve in order to protect the rights of authors, artists and producers

13. What are you listening to right now?

Dubstep...

14.What is your guilty pleasure?

Music and travels everywhere

15. Anything you would like our readers to know?
Really thank you very much for your enthusiasm and passion, go ahead !!

No comments:

Post a Comment